November 26, 2014
Public Health Informer Newsletter
In this edition learn about:
- Boise's Healthy Child Care Initiative Ordinance Passes
- CDHD Cholesterol Clinics Offer No Appointment Testing
- Seasonal Flu FAQ
- Raw Milk: The Risky Reality
- Getting a Grip on Portion Sizes
- And much more!
November 24, 2014
CDHD Offices Closed on Thursday, Nov. 27
In observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday, CDHD's offices will be closed on Thursday, 11/27. Offices will resume regular business hours on Friday, 11/28.
Mumps Outbreak Involving University of Idaho Students Prompts Public Health
Officials to Urge Students to Check Vaccination Records and Get Vaccinated
Cholesterol Screening and
Cardiac Risk Assessment at CDHD in Boise
Tuesday, December 2 | 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Screening includes HDL/LDL levels, Cholesterol/HDL ratio, triglycerides, blood pressure check, and nutrition and exercise guidelines. No appointment needed!Cost $20 (cash or check only, please)
- Important Screening Details
Tobacco Free Idaho Alliance (TFIA) Annual Meeting & Addiction Incorporated Documentary Screening
- Monday, December 8
- 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Oxford Suites, 1426 S. Entertainment Ave., Boise
- Agenda here
Documentary Screening - presented by TFIA and Idaho Public Health Association (IPHA)
Addiction Incorporated - The True Story of the Tobacco Companies' Commitment to Addicting the Human Brain
- Monday, December 8
- 5 - 6:15 p.m. IPHA Reception & Light Dinner
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Documentary Screening
- Cost & Details here
November 10, 2014
Thursday, November 20th is the Great American Smokeout!
What's it all about?
It's a time for smokers to make a plan to quit or plan in advance and quit smoking that day.
By quitting, you will be taking an important step towards a heathier life - one that can lead to reducing cancer risk.
October 7, 2014
CDHD Now Offering Flu Shot for Children
- Call CDHD today to schedule a flu shot appointment for your child (6 months to 18 years) - 327-7450
- Learn more about prevening the flu this season!
Immunization Records Request
Do you need a copy of your or your child's Immunizations Records? Follow the link below for instructions on requesting those records.
Ebola Virus: Learn the latest
>> Enterovirus D68 Confirmed in Idaho
Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68), along with other respiratory illnesses, are circulating in Idaho, according to lab results received from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today.
>> Read more here
Find a tobacco cessation class near you